[infinispan-dev] AsyncStore.testMultiplePutsOnSameKey - endless loop

Galder Zamarreno galder at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 06:19:40 EDT 2009

On 10/28/2009 11:08 AM, Mircea Markus wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
>

>> On 10/28/2009 10:53 AM, Mircea Markus wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There is an endless loop in this method.
>>> the test puts multiple values on the same key in a cache store and
>>> expects (forever) until the store contains the very last value added.
>>> I'm being able to reproduce this on my Mac quite easily (<  10 runs).
>>
>> When you say you're able to reproduce it easily, is it running the
>> test
>> standalone or as part of the whole test suite?
> standalone

Hmmm, I've tried a good 10-15 times and haven't been able to replicate
it. You do have a point though but since you're able to easily
replicate, I think it's better if you tackle it.

I do wonder though why it would end up in a endless loop. The only
reason I can think is that it doesn't load all the stored keys in which
case this could be some bug?

Do you have TRACE logs of when the test ends up in a endless loop and
possibly a thread dump too?

>>> If anyone feels like taking a look, otherwise I can approach it
>>> once I'm
>>> done with ISPN-236 cache.putIfAbsent() is not atomic
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mircea

>> --
>> Galder Zamarreño