[infinispan-dev] [ISPN-176] CommandAwareRpcDispatcher.handle() should wrap throwable into ExceptionResponse

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 10:05:58 EDT 2009

On 09/03/2009 10:28 AM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> On 09/01/2009 06:20 PM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> While working on the Hibernate cache provider classloader tests, I've
>> come across https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-176
>>
>> IMO, the fix for this involves making CommandAwareRpcDispatcher.handle()
>> return an ExceptionResponse with the throwable thrown. This would
>> require enhancing ExceptionResponse to deal with throwables rather than
>> Exceptions.

Actually, rather than modifying ExceptionResponse, I think it's better
if a ThrowableResponse is created this type of situations.
ExceptionResponse is already being used primarily to deal with
application level exceptions, i.e. ReplicationException.

I think it's better to have a separate one for unexpected ones that
covers the rest.

>> Note that JGroupsTransport.invokeRemotely currently expects a Response
>> instance as a return rather than a Exception directly.
>>
>> Does anyone think different?
>
> Haven't heard anything otherwise after 2 days. I know Manik and some
> others are in Summit/JBW. I'll go ahead with this and if anyone has any
> comments, please let me know.
>
>> Cheers,

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache