[infinispan-dev] A tip: Using a random word generator to generate uncommon test data

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Fri Sep 11 06:12:09 EDT 2009

Guys,

Looking at the Infinispan tests, I've seen plenty same keys/values
repeated in loads of tests, i.e. k1, k2, v1, v2....etc, so sometimes,
when you're debugging a specific tests, particularly when running the
whole testsuite, it's hard to pint point the data related to your test
since same key/values are used by several tests.

So, to try to help with finding the data related to my tests, I'm trying
to use random word generator to generate uncommon or obscure words that
I can use in the tests. Doing this allows me to quickly find my data in
the logs, i.e. "key-isoprene"

I don't know whether other people are interesting in using a similar
method but at least for me, it helps.

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache