[infinispan-dev] Feedback on Infinispan patch

Jeff Ramsdale jeff.ramsdale at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 18:37:58 EDT 2009

I'm afraid I haven't followed the Infinispan-Lucene implementation
closely, but have you looked at the Compass Project?
(http://www.compass-project.org/overview.html) It provides a
simplified interface to Lucene (optional) as well as Directory
implementations built on Terracotta, Gigaspaces and Coherence. The
latter, in particular, might be a useful guide for the Infinispan
implementation. I believe it's mature enough to have solved many of
the most difficult problems of implementing Directory on a distributed
Map.

If someone has any experience with Compass (particularly it's
Directory implementations) I'd be interested in hearing about it...
It's Apache 2.0 licensed, btw.

-jeff