[infinispan-dev] A tip: Using a random word generator to generate uncommon test data

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 06:45:58 EDT 2009

On 09/15/2009 12:35 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
> That's nice!
> Does it work with inheritance? I.e. Is there a way to determine the
> runtime class (vs defining class) of the given Method object?

I think that if you pass an ITestContext, using the getName() method, u
can get the runtime class.

Example:

CacheAPITest:

    public void testGetMembersInLocalMode(ITestContext context) {
       System.out.println("Booooooooooo moooooooo " + context.getName());
       assert cache.getCacheManager().getAddress() == null : "Cache
members should be null if running in LOCAL mode";
    }

When I run CacheAPIMVCCTest, it prints:

Booooooooooo moooooooo
org.infinispan.api.mvcc.repeatable_read.CacheAPIMVCCTest

So that way, u can get the runtime class name.

> On Sep 15, 2009, at 1:31 PM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
>
>> testng will populate it with the test method information

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache