[infinispan-dev] A tip: Using a random word generator to generate uncommon test data

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Tue Sep 15 15:10:28 EDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 8:18 PM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> On 09/15/2009 03:51 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
>> sweet, thanks for the tip. In JbossCache I did an uglier workaround
>> fix this, passed the Class object to the factory that supplied
>> CacheManagers, but this approach is much nicer.
>
> Did you apply the workaround in Infinispan as well? If yes, we should
> change it. If not, what did you use that for in JBoss Cache?
In JBossCache I used that to make sure that caches are being closed
between different test classes.
This was more of a sanity check, which is no longer performed in
infinispan.
Well, this has a drawback: if a Test class fails to close an cache
instance, then this will be still 'kept alive' (associated with the
thread basically/thread local) and when the new Test class tries to
create an new cluster it will end up with a bigger one -> most likely
subsequent test will fail.