[infinispan-dev] Distributed queries

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 04:05:30 EDT 2009

2009/9/16 Michael Neale <michael.neale at gmail.com>:
> regarding indexing and queries - is the current aim to not require
> that the index for the entire data grid exist on a single node?
>
> (asking as a potential user who is wrestling with lucene indexes at
> the moment is curious).

Yes the concept is to store the Lucene index itself in the grid, so it will
be distributed, and the segments you use most get cached locally.
At the moment you have to select only one node to write to the index,
but all other nodes should be able to read.
Feel free to test it as we are needing feedback.