[infinispan-dev] Distributed queries

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 04:32:17 EDT 2009

2009/9/17 Michael Neale <michael.neale at gmail.com>:
> I am still not entirely sure what I am asking, but look forward for
> your merged in changes (they are in another branch right now yes?).
>
> Yes I mean querying objects - I was under the impression that lucene
> was used for the indexing of the data to service these queries?

Sure, to clarify: there's work going on on two different aspects, which
complement each other in the ideal setup:

1) Be able to query a Lucene index (wherever you store that) to find objects
which are located inside Infinispan; this is about how to search them and how
to maintain the index in synch with Infinispan's content.

2) Store a Lucene index inside Infinispan, instead of, for example, filesystem.
In this case we're not concerned about what you index, the Lucene interface
is the usual one and you should be able to replace the Directory
implementation in existing applications.

So 1) is the branch you've found, and Navin is working on that, 2) is not yet
in subversion, the latest patch is attached to other thread by Łukasz,
and is to be applied
on Hibernate Search's trunk (and depends on Infinispan).