[infinispan-dev] Feedback on Infinispan patch

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:49:10 EDT 2009

Why not commit the Infinispan tx at lock release, instead of at
indexwriter's commit?

On 9 22, 2009 2:16 AM, "Łukasz Moreń" <lukasz.moren at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for explanation.
Maybe better I will concentrate on the first release and postpone
distributed writing.

There is already LockStrategy that uses Infinispan. With using it I was
wrapping changes made by IndexWriter in Infinispan transaction, because of
performance reasons -
on lock obtaining transaction was started, on lock release transaction was
commited. Hovewer Ispn transaction commit on lock release is not good idea
since IndexWriter calls index commit before lock is released(and ispn
transaction is committed).
I was thinking to override Workspace class and getIndexWriter(start
infinispan tx), commitIndexWriter (commit tx) methods to wrap IndexWrite
lifecycle, but this needs few other changes. Some other ideas?

Cheers,
Lukasz

2009/9/21 Sanne Grinovero <sanne.grinovero at gmail.com>

> > Hi Łukasz, > you've rightful concerns, because the way the IndexWriter
tries to > achieve the l...