[infinispan-dev] wildcard in cache names

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Mon Sep 28 04:24:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

While looking into a migration script for coherence I saw that they
allow wildcard as cache names. E.g.

         <cache-mapping>
             <cache-name>*</cache-name>
             <scheme-name>default-replicated</scheme-name>
         </cache-mapping>
         <cache-mapping>
             <cache-name>VirtualCache</cache-name>
             <scheme-name>default-distributed</scheme-name>
         </cache-mapping>

So when the code asks for any cache name, they will return the
corresponding  mapping:
e.g.

CacheFactory.getCache("SomeCache") would return the "default-
replicated" cache, and CacheFactory.getCache("VirtualCache") would
return the default-distributed cache.
Anyone working with coherence and found this feature useful? I'd love
to see some use cases for this :)

Cheers,
Mircea