[infinispan-dev] [ISPN-134] Creating @Jopr* annotations or extending @Managed* ones?

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 05:51:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

Heiko, this is FYI too:

Re: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-134

I see different ways of doing this. Let's take the DefaultCacheManager
as example. It has 4 @ManagedAttribute methods:

getDefinedCacheCount()
getCreatedCacheCount()
getVersion()
getDefinedCacheNames()

Now, at the jopr level, even these 4 would be treated differently. First
two are measurement metrics, the two below are trait metrics. So, on top
of jopr adding new fields, there's the issue that not all
@ManagedAttribute map to the same thing on the jopr side.

So, my suggestion would be to have some jopr specific annotations that
allow us to differentiate between different jopr types (i.e.
@JoprMetric(dataType="measurement"), @JoprMetric(dataType="trait")) and
where we can add any extra information required by jopr, i.e.
displayName...etc.

I think using this annotations would be cleaner than extending @Managed*
ones. Also, such @Jopr* or annotations would need to live in core/

Heiko, does Jopr have annotations like this already?

Thoughts?
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache