[infinispan-dev] refresh ahead - do we want this?

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:06:18 EDT 2009

If you integrate this feature I could have on each node a local-only
Infinispan cache A (having values expiring after N minutes and using
"refresh ahead"), which uses as store a distributed Infinispan cache B
(not expiring);
In this case I could apply updates to the Lucene index stored on
Infinispan B and have the searching nodes use the "local view"
Infinispan A, which would be periodically updated and provide search
latency 0.

Definitely cool!

I was planning to implement something like that in user code, but
didn't get the idea of chaining Infinispan caches until your post.

Cheers,
Sanne