[infinispan-dev] Bug : read after end of stream @ AbstractMarshaller

Philippe Van Dyck pvdyck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 04:45:19 EDT 2010

Hi all,

since I use an InflaterInputStream to send objects to S3 using JClouds
Blobstore, I need a very strict management of streams.
In AbstractMarshaller,  while ((bytesRead = inputStream.read(buf, 0,
buf.length)) != -1) bytes.write(buf, 0, bytesRead) will read after the
stream's end, waiting for '-1' to happen.
You cannot do that with a GZIPInputStream because you will get a
"java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream".
Should I file a bug or correct the code ?

phil