[infinispan-dev] Comments on latest iteration of Distributed Task Execution design

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Aug 2 10:34:13 EDT 2010

Simple: the environment first calls getRelatedKeys(), and the impl passes back the keys it would need.  The env then maps the task to a node, based on locating the keys, serializes and pushes the callable to the assigned node.  The assigned node then calls mappedToNode() so that the impl has a ref to the cache in the local VM.  After that, call() is invoked.