[infinispan-dev] Repository name divergence annoyances

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Wed Aug 4 04:28:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

In parent/pom.xml we define: jboss-releases and jboss-snapshots repositories. So, our settings.xml must match those names in order to upload correctly.

However, other JBoss projects rely on different repo names which are instead: jboss-releases-repository and jboss-snapshots-repository (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/jboss-parent/5/jboss-parent-5.pom)

It's quite a PITA getting 401 or auth errors and then changing my local settings between the two names depending on whether I'm uploading Infinispan or another JBoss project.

Can Infinispan consolidate the repo names to be jboss-releases-repository and jboss-snapshots-repository to avoid these issues?

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache