[infinispan-dev] SKIP_CACHE_STORE usage

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 13:15:31 EDT 2010

Hello,
I just noticed that the Flag.SKIP_CACHE_STORE will prevent my values
to be put in the store, but when using it with get() then the store is
still invoked; from the option name I was expecting it to skip lookup
too?

So I'm not sure how this was intended to work, should I clarify this
limitation in the javadocs or can I propose a fix to the
implementation, in case this wasn't intended?

I'd personally love to fix the implementation, as I've several use
cases in which this invocation is a useless yet expensive operation
for some types as the same flag is always used when putting in this
specific key types (and I can't use an additional differently
configured cache for it).

Cheers,
Sanne