[infinispan-dev] Plans for a 4.2.0 release

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Wed Aug 11 12:49:09 EDT 2010

On 11 Aug 2010, at 17:09, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Guys,
>
> There has been quite a bit of demand for a few new features to be elevated in priority above 5.0.  Essentially a 4.2.0.  If we do create such a release, I propose we keep its scope very tight, so we don't impact dev work on 5.0 too much.  Here is what I have in mind for 4.2.0.
>
> 	https://jira.jboss.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12313476
>
> Any thoughts/comments?
My  thoughts:
The big one is this one which is rather complex:
ISPN-518	Deadlock detection should be able to used with eager locking
If it would be for me to approach it this would delay my work on JTA/Hotrod. (And i guess we should prioritise between these two).
If somebody else feels  like taking I'm more than happy to hand it over - DLD is really cool stuff :)