[infinispan-dev] Future: async marshalling should be false by default

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Aug 17 05:37:26 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm in the middle of writing a wiki on the different asynchronous options, including the effect they have on reordering, and I was considering the following:

For 5.0, we should make async marshalling should be turned off by default. When it's on, there's risk of reordering and when it's off, async is slower. I'd rather have a slower solution by default rather than one that can cause data consistency issues in applications that make multiple modifications on the same key. If you only make one modification per k/v, you're fine, otherwise the reordering risk is there.

Thoughts?
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache