[infinispan-dev] Hibernate OGM step 1: CRUD

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 19 09:42:55 EDT 2010

On 19 août 2010, at 12:04, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> Emmanuel,
>
> Great stuff indeed. Couple of things:
>
> - Just updated the git repo and I get some compilation failures such as: getPropertyColumnInsertable() misssing in OgmEntityPersister

Have you compiled and installed the core module. I have made minor changes to it.
mvn clean install -pl parent,core,testing,ogm
should do the trick.

> - In InfinispanDialect, could LockMode.PESSIMISTIC_READ would be mapped to a no lock strategy? Thanks to MVCC, Infinispan does not lock read ops.

I am not sure and when I discussed that on IRC people did not give me conclusive arguments so I've used the safe approach for now.

The semantic required is described in the JPA 2 spec section 3.4.4.2. One key element is pessimistic ie we fail fast or we guarantee it if the lock is acquired.

http://pveentjer.wordpress.com/2007/01/28/oracle-and-locking-thoughts
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/explicit-locking.html
http://sheeri.com/archives/123