[infinispan-dev] Sample XML configurations

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 03:18:35 EST 2010

I looked for references to all.xml in the testsuite and there's a couple of tests that validate or do so other work with it.

So, I think that all.xml should remain but moved to test/resources/configs and as you suggest, have a recommended file with more sensible configuration and other options commented out. How should name such file? sample.xml?

On Dec 14, 2010, at 5:25 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Yes, very true.  All.xml is *not* a recommended cfg file.  :-)  +1 to shipping with a recommended file, perhaps with all available options commented out.
>
> On 14 Dec 2010, at 15:52, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>
>> I was talking to Sanne on IRC and he seemed to think that config-samples/all.xml is a recommended configuration.
>>
>> It clearly it is not (i.e. what's the point of having REPEATABLE_READ but no transactions? or what do 99% users really care about the serialization.marshaller and serialization.version? )
>>
>>> From what I gather, all.xml is just a configuration sample showing all config options in action, not necessarily the best combo.
>>
>> So, we probably need to do a better job at separating what's sample/recommended stuff, and other XML configs?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>> --
>> Galder Zamarreño
>> Sr. Software Engineer