[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 4.0.0.CR4

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Feb 3 06:30:50 EST 2010

On 3 Feb 2010, at 11:08, philippe van dyck wrote:

> Le 3 févr. 2010 à 11:47, Manik Surtani a écrit :
>

>> On 3 Feb 2010, at 10:24, Philippe Van Dyck wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Manik.
>>>
>>> I follow this issue, and no I can't confirm that it is working correctly.
>>> Right now, I have a lot of locking problems (looks like a deadlock, but I can't find the exact source).
>>> So, for me, until further notice, this bug is closed, until I can reopen it.
>>>
>>> BTW, could you please tell me when the CR4 release is ? I can't find it the usual jboss repositories.
>>
>> http://infinispan.blogspot.com/2010/02/infinispan-400cr4.html
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/infinispan/files/
>> http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/infinispan
>>
>> The mirroring has been a bit slow this time around though, others have complained about not being able to see artifacts ...
>
> Actually I am not able to see CR4 at all on http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/infinispan
> Could you please confirm this situation on your side ?

I just had a look and it seems to be there.  Like I said, there were some issues with propagating to mirrors, etc.

> Right now I have an issue with the eviction thread :
>
> org.infinispan.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Unable to acquire lock after [0 milliseconds] on key [AcceptedTerm/Q8B6KXHQqKTD3wtv4G5T0QAAAEew] for requestor [Thread[Scheduled-eviction-thread-0,1,main]]! Lock held by [GlobalTransaction:<Macintosh-2-27529>:839]
>
> The eviction thread seems to be asking for the lock of the entry to get rid off, but it seems to wait for ... 0 milliseconds to acquire it.
>
> Is this the normal behavior ?

Yes.  The eviction thread should not be competing with real, worker threads.  The exception you see should not cause any problems with the eviction thread, the thread should simply move to the next evictable element.

Cheers
Manik

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan