[infinispan-dev] Fwd: CloudCacheStore Bug

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Feb 3 12:42:50 EST 2010

Ugh, good point.  I thought the unit tests would have trapped a dumb-ass mistake like this.

The reason for transforming the name of the bucket is that we usually use hashcodes as the bucket name, which can take Integer.MIN_VALUE to Integer.MAX_VALUE.  These are then translated into Strings, and this becomes the name of the storage unit, e.g., 12345.bucket in the FileCacheStore.  Now filesystems are happy to accept a -12345.bucket but certain cloud storage providers barf when encountering the '-' character.  Hence the transformation to A12345.bucket in some cases.

Cheers
Manik

PS: pushing up a new snapshot as I type, containing this fix + lower verbosity on eviction-related lock timeouts.

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache
http://www.infinispan.org