[infinispan-dev] jclouds 1.0-beta-4 released

Adrian Cole adrian.f.cole at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:02:39 EST 2010

Our last beta of jclouds included the new Compute API and multi-cloud
support. Since then, we found found and fixed usage and code concerns
raised during testing from crane and Infinispan.

There have been no updates to the BlobStore API of any significance.

The Compute API has changed and broken compatibility with previous
versions. In particular:

   1. The NodeSet object has been dropped for the more consistently
used Map, for tag-based operations.
   2. The Compute API no longer attempts to resolve errors when a node
doesn't startup. We've added the option destroyOnError, should you
wish to kill deficient nodes by default. [1]

Here are the new features included in beta-4 of jclouds.

   1. A new pooling http engine based on Apache HC Client 4.0.
   2. Reboot support in ComputeService.

Known limitations of beta-4 are that virtual directories do not
currently work via VFS.

Thanks for the great feedback and keep it coming!

Cheers,
Adrian
http://anyweight.blogspot.com/2010/02/10-beta-4-released.html

[1] When destroyOnError is set, any nodes who error on executing
runscripts or installing keys will be destroyed. By default, errors
are allowed to occur, and the user must Q/A the state of the node when
using key or runscript features.