[infinispan-dev] When do you use JdbcStringBasedCacheStore instead of JdbcBinaryCacheStore? And viceversa?

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Thu Jan 14 09:27:15 EST 2010

I've added a clarification in the Javadoc, see bellow:

 * It is recommended to use {@link org.infinispan.loaders.jdbc.stringbased.JdbcStringBasedCacheStore}} over
 * {@link org.infinispan.loaders.jdbc.binary.JdbcBinaryCacheStore}} whenever it is possible, as is has a better performance.
 * One scenario in which this is not possible to use it though, is when you can't write an {@link Key2StringMapper}} to map the
 * keys to to string objects (e.g. when you don't have control over the types of the keys, for whatever reason).

This is in both javadocs.