[infinispan-dev] Unable to fetchPersistentState unless fetchInMemoryState is on, intended?

Galder Zamarreno galder at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 09:53:57 EST 2010

Hi,

Re: http://community.jboss.org/thread/146590

"Also, if I set the fetchInMemoryState to false in <stateRetrieval />
and fetchPersistentState to true in <loader />, the persistent state
transfer never happens (the code [StateTransferManagerImpl.java] is
never run through the debugger)."

That's because of
https://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/infinispan/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/infinispan/factories/StateTransferManagerFactory.java

       if (configuration.getCacheMode().isClustered() &&
configuration.isFetchInMemoryState())
          return componentType.cast(new StateTransferManagerImpl());
       else
          return null;

Is this intended? I do not see such limitation in JBoss Cache. Fetching
the persistent state but not the in-memory one sounds like a valid case.

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache