[infinispan-dev] JPA Cache Store

Amin Abbaspour a.abbaspour at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 00:15:23 EST 2010

Hi All,

I know that most of you are already busy fixing the remaining issues
toward first GA release, but I would like to open a small topic here
that may be affective for next major release (4.1.0 or so).

As subject shows, I would like to add a JPA compatible cache store to
Infinispan. I feel that current available cache stores are designed
with this concept that store is just a place for cache persistence and
initialization and do not much consider store as a major logical part
of the system. While to use Infinispan as a write-behind in front of a
previously defined structured RDBMS we need a general purpose
structural cache store.

I myself have conceptual problems with JPA (and in general any sort of
ORM) but yet I believe here is one of the rare cases where ORM is the
best tool around. We can easily use all the progress in the field of
OR mapping without considering much how it works in fact.

As a result less people (like I myself) will need to extends
CacheStores to create their own custom store. (although this will
always remain open for those who like)

You accept that, this store will not only increase our competitiveness
with available commercial products (which already have this feature)
but will also open the door for a feasible 'Infinispan DB' which will
make it also a player in IMDB market.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Amin