[infinispan-dev] Securing access to Infinispan REST server

Galder Zamarreño galder at jboss.org
Tue Jul 6 04:31:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

During my REST/Cloud presentation, I got a particularly interesting question about the Infinispan REST server.

As it is, once the REST module is deployed, anyone can access it as shown in http://community.jboss.org/wiki/AccessingdatainInfinispanviaRESTfulinterface

Now, how would you go about authentication/authorization to access Infinispan via REST?

Since at the end of the day the REST module is a war, users would need to tweak it accordingly in order to configure the security constraints under its web.xml defining the corresponding roles and authentication methods. Wouldn't they?

I don't think it's possible for Infinispan to provide a more restricted Infinispan REST module, but instead some guidelines on how to secure it would be handy.

Thoughts?
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache