[infinispan-dev] introducing an artificial network delay

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 08:40:38 EDT 2010

Hello,
I'm running some performance tests; my goal is to alter the code for
the Lucene Directory to use optimal batching and Flags, but to make
sure I'm improving performance for DIST and REPL configurations the
only option I'm having is to run it on a real cluster, which is not
doable right now.

So as I'm running tests on my laptop, network IO is not real and I
suppose it's not representative of real life bottlenecks.

Is there some option I could set in the jgroups configuration to
introduce an arbitrary delay, or even some degree of random packet
losses?
Or should I extend the transport to introduce some sleep() in
interesting points?
Maybe adding a slow-down interceptor around remote invocations?

suggestions?

thanks in advance,
Sanne