[infinispan-dev] Securing access to Infinispan REST server

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 09:41:29 EDT 2010

You could:

1. do everything in web.xml, role mappings, etc.
2. add @RolesAllowed to your JAX-RS methods, and just set up auth in
web.xml. This is better than #1 IMO, as URL schemes may change
3. Do role checks at Infinispan layer (not in web) and integrate with
the JBoss security manager.  This is actually what HornetQ does and its
really really nice because you can automatically propagate security from
any component layer to hornetq  (EJB, Servlet, etc.)

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat