[infinispan-dev] Hotrod client intelligence

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Tue Jul 20 05:52:28 EDT 2010

Hi,

Right now we have the following intelligence levels in HR:
(0x01) basic client, interested in neither cluster nor hash information
(0x02) topology-aware client, interested in cluster information
(0x03) hash-distribution-aware client, that is interested in both cluster and hash information

the 4th is to be added, which is transactionable client.
Right now 3 depends on 2, so a unique number can clearly identify the level. With 4, there might be different combinations: e.g. 4 and 2 or 4 and 3. Or even 4 and 1.
We need a way to specify this intelligence combo: perhaps using bit masks?
IMO, this should be done before going Final as it is a change in the protocol itself.
wdyt?

Cheers,
Mircea