[infinispan-dev] [ISPN-548] Discussion on updating the QueryInterceptor to be able to update old keys

Navin Surtani nsurtani at redhat.com
Wed Jul 21 07:54:05 EDT 2010

Just getting a discussion going on this since a JIRA has now been created.

Basically, the way I see it is that we can check which keys in the cache
have already been used - but that's context specific (I'll probably need
a quick explanation to how the InvocationContexts work). The question
for the gurus of ISPN here is whether or not this is going to be an issue.

The plan of attack is as follows: -

1 - User does a put()
2 - Interceptor checks the set of keys used within the same context to
see if the same key has been used
3 - If it has an UPDATE is used.
4 - If not we do an ADD.

Reckon that sounds okay?