[infinispan-dev] NPE from invokeRemotely on stopped cache

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Mon Jul 26 04:33:57 EDT 2010

Looks to me that this is an issue with stoppage priorities. ReplicationQueue.stop() should happen before JGroupsTransport.stop()

At the moment, both @Stop methods are defined without priority (JGroupsTransport's @Stop is on Transport interface), so they assumed default which is 10.

It's unclear from @Stop how the priorities work (javadoc needs to be clearer cos at the moment it's a copy/paste of @Start), but I think (without looking at the code) that higher priorities (= lower numbers) would be stopped first.

So, you could try setting RQ's stop to 9 and @Stop in transport to 10 (default) and  and see if it works.

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache