[infinispan-dev] Adding isMarshallable() to Marshaller interface?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Jul 27 05:12:41 EDT 2010

Hi,

Re: https://jira.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-552

This came from the user forum (http://community.jboss.org/message/554531#554531). I had originally thought of removing the if statement in MV ctor but that's not a good idea since it can delay discovery and in single node envs it won't detect the problem. Instead of hardcoding what the marshaller can do in MV ctor, I suggest adding a isMarshallable method to Marshaller interface. More details in JIRA.

Thoughts?
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache