[infinispan-dev] Distributed execution framework

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Jul 27 06:04:49 EDT 2010

On 26 Jul 2010, at 22:55, Jeff Ramsdale wrote:

> Hi Manik,
>
> I would certainly share any useful work with the community. However,
> my available time to work on it has been limited and although I was
> able to prove the basic idea I wasn't able to go very deep. I was able
> to start Infinispan in a Rio container (Cybernode) and I had hoped to
> run multiple instances on several Cybernodes to build a cluster, etc.,
> but ran out of time. I'll try to get it working again. The amount of
> code required is actually quite small, but it needs some configuration
> and infrastructure and I'm no expert with either Rio or Infinispan.
> Will let you know of my progress, but don't let me slow down your own
> explorations.
>
> By the way, this deployment to Rio explains my asking on another
> thread about how to run the REST server outside of a servlet
> container. I would like to be able to control with service
> configuration in Rio which servers are exposed by a given Infinispan
> cluster.

It shouldn't be hard to implement the REST URLs directly on top of a Netty socket with HTTP encoders/decoders.  The problem is that is a lot of wheel-reinvention.  :)

Another approach may be to embed a servlet container, perhaps Jetty, then you can use the existing REST endpoint without any hassles?

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan