[infinispan-dev] JBoss Marshalling 1.3 series

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 08:35:38 EST 2010

On 03/02/2010 05:06 AM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:13:39 +0100, David M. Lloyd <david.lloyd at redhat.com>  wrote:
>
>> For JBoss Marshalling 1.3, I'm planning on adding a new River protocol
>> version (3) and phasing out version 1.  As far as I'm aware, Infinispan
>> is
>> using version 2, correct?
>
> We use default version, which afaik is indeed 2 in 1.2.0.GA.

OK, so you're not specifying 2 explicitly?  Or are you negotiating the
version?  Because for 1.3, the default version will change to 3, so an
instance running with JBMAR 1.2 won't be able to read messages written by
an instance running with JBMAR 1.3 by default then.  You might want to
ensure that you've got a way to set the version somehow, especially as
JBossAS 6 will ship with a JBMAR 1.3.something.

>> - Full Javassist proxy serialization support
>> - Fast serialization of more collection types
>>       - The JBoss Marshalling "Pair" type
>
> What's this pair type?

It's a simple serializable class which holds two values of different types.
  It uses generics for type-safety as well; each value may be of a
different type.  Amazingly handy. :)

> Nothing specific comes to my mind right now but I'll keep it mind in case
> anything pops up.

Thanks!

--
- DML ☍