[infinispan-dev] Updates to Hot Rod protocol spec

Galder Zamarreno galder at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 12:47:47 EDT 2010

http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14421

As part of meetings we had this week, we discussed the following changes
to the spec:
- Bring back piggybacking for cluster and hash information. Asynchronous
events for use cases such as client side L1 will be implemented at a later
stage.
- Ping command was added so that clients can verify whether server is
still responding.
- Removed force write lock, skip remote lookup and force asynchronous
flags and added a flag that can force commands like put to return the old
value.

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache