[infinispan-dev] A mechanism for users to control datalocalitywhen using DIST

Bryan Grunow bgrunow at rim.com
Tue Mar 23 17:04:28 EDT 2010

"Again, annotations or a "producer" method could be additional ways to do this, but none of these remove the need for being able to do so on the API as above.  And if it is on the API, then is there any real value in allowing annotations/producer methods?"

I think the need for annotations/configuration of the group depends on your usage.  If you want support grouping but hide the details of how and what groups a set of classes/object instances, etc map to then annotations/configuration easily give you that ability.  Of course this could be done by writing a layer that does this for us but if it's there as part of the core then all the better.

The only reason I bring this up is it sounded as if you didn't see value in annotations/configuration or thought it wouldn't work using annotations/configuration for this and you were only going to implement the new API.   I just wanted to provide feedback that I do feel it's valuable.  I may have misunderstood what you're planning.

Bryan