[infinispan-dev] asynchronous change manager for high load Lucene

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Mar 30 12:20:27 EDT 2010

On 30 Mar 2010, at 12:14, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> Manik, you have an example of how I should send a message to a
> selected member by integrating in Infinispan? I think I can figure out
> how to send it with some code reading, but I'm mostly lost about how
> to receive it? Or maybe you suggest I should share the
> JGroupsTransport with totally infinispan-independent code?

Hmm, I'd really like to not have to expose the RpcManager as a client API.  The reason why is that we do a lot of Infinispan-specific optimisations on this layer and this needs to be carefully considered if we want to expose it as a mechanism for people to do arbitrary RPC.

The RpcManager does sit on top of a JGroups channel though, and what Bela mentioned is the ability for a JGroups channel to have different RPC systems built on top of it and to dispatch inbound RPC to the appropriate handler.  JGroups has an RpcDispatcher building-block that you could use.

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan