[infinispan-dev] ISPN-275

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu May 6 06:56:43 EDT 2010

On 5 May 2010, at 22:44, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> Hello all,
> to properly close ISPN-275 I should be able to run the testuite for
> both versions of Lucene 2.9.1 and 3.0.1.
> I'd like to have both tests covered as the two versions of Lucene are
> quite different, and while 3.0 is the current cool version it's very
> easy to still support older widely adopted versions, as far as our
> directory concerns.
>
> Running the tests manually changing the Lucene dependency to 2.4.1,
> 2.9.2, 3.0.1 works fine, but any clue about how I could automate this
> with maven?

This can be tricky.  I suppose you would need a separate module, with different dependencies.  E.g.,

<root>/lucene-directory (the main codebase, with Lucene 3.0)
<root>/lucene-tests/lucene-directory-tests-2.9 (dependency on lucene-directory, excluding lucene 3.0, with additional dep on lucene 2.9)
<root>/lucene-tests/lucene-directory-tests-2.4 (dependency on lucene-directory, excluding lucene 3.0, with additional dep on lucene 2.4)

> Or if you think it's good enough to test for 3.0 or 2.9 only, then you
> can consider the issue fixed.

Your call.  Are the codepaths that different?

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan