[infinispan-dev] ISPN-78 and Large Object Support/Streaming API

Galder Zamarreno galder at jboss.org
Thu May 20 11:14:54 EDT 2010

The following ties in a bit with my comment yesterday about return values:

If these two methods would always return null, you'd never be able to find out whether a remove/replace worked on its own. Returning previous value would indeed not work, but you could still return a marker different to null.

V remove(K key); // except that this will always return a null
V replace(K key, V value); // except that this will always return a null

So, if remove worked cos the key was present, a marker value would be returned, otherwise if the key was not present, null would be returned.

Cheers,