[infinispan-dev] R: Re: R: Re: ISPN-359 and grouping entries for distribution

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:04:42 EDT 2010

So if I understand it correctly this is a proposal for a simplified tree
API?

Il giorno 19/mag/2010 19:55, "Manik Surtani" <manik at jboss.org> ha scritto:

On 19 May 2010, at 17:35, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> Is this covering a different use case than havin...
Slightly different.  Scoping could be useful for use cases where creating a
cache per scope is too expensive.  E.g., I want to cache a person's name,
address and photograph.  I could do this:

cache.put("person1_name", name);
cache.put("person1_address", address);
cache.put("person1_pic", pic);

cache.put("person2_name", name);
cache.put("person2_address", address);
cache.put("person2_pic", pic);

cache.put("person3_name", name);
cache.put("person3_address", address);
cache.put("person3_pic", pic);

and every time I need to retrieve anything I need to concatenate person_id
with the "field" I am interested in.  It would be too expensive to create a
separate cache per person, as the system may have thousands of users.

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache
http://www.infinispan.org