[infinispan-dev] ISPN-78 and Large Object Support/Streaming API

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue May 25 07:02:00 EDT 2010

In general, we need to define how LOS differs from GridFS, and when
which tech should be used. I see the following 3 use cases:

   1. Many smaller objects: Infinispan
   2. Many smaller object and few very large objects: LOS in Infinispan
   3. Many large objects and / or file system API: GridFS

OTOH, #2 could be done by creating a GridFS instance over the existing
Infinispan cache and using it for very large objects.

One could argue that instead of polluting the Infinispan API by adding
more methods, one could resort to using GridFS, in other words: GridFS
== LOS.

Let's try to avoid duplication of functionality here

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team