[infinispan-dev] AS clustered classloader leak hunt and web thread local storage keeping reference to a org.infinispan.context.impl.LocalTxInvocationContext ...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Nov 15 10:29:24 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to chase down some memory leaks for
https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8613 (turned into a catch all jira
for a few different AS clustering failures).

I captured a picture of a classloader leak that is attached to
JBAS-8613.

The http thread threadLocals has a
org.infinispan.context.impl.LocalTxInvocationContext that is keeping the
classloader in memory (via what it references which is shown in the
abovce link or more directly
https://jira.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12338702/Eclipse+Memory
+Analyzer+Tool.png)

I'm looking at a different problem at the moment but would like to fix
this leak soon.

Why would org.infinispan.context.impl.LocalTxInvocationContext still be
referenced in thread local storage?  Any suggestions on specific classes
that should be looked at?

Thanks,
Scott