[infinispan-dev] Configuration hash

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 03:44:59 EST 2010

Hmmmmm, we gotta think about this. There might be situations where configurations are not identical due to valid reasons, i.e. Each cache is configured with a local FS write behind store but each node points to a diff location within the system. That's a valid configuration. However, it doesn't make sense to have a node with REPL_SYNC and the other with DIST_SYNC.

The easiest solution would be to use a WARN message unless you want to start figuring out which combination of configurations are compatible and which not, and forbid cluster formation accordingly.

On Nov 15, 2010, at 8:39 PM, Elias Ross wrote:

> This is a good idea. At the very least, it should WARN in the log that
> such an attempt was made.
>
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Vladimir Blagojevic
> <vblagoje at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Some Infinispan users are configuring certain nodes with one
>> configuration and other nodes with another. Should we calculate a
>> configuration hash and allow cluster joins for nodes that have the same
>> hash only? Should reduce the noise as the user base continues to expand....
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Vladimir
>>
>> --
>> believed to be clean.