[infinispan-dev] SingleJoinTest#testTransactional failure

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Fri Nov 19 12:20:07 EST 2010

Hi,

SingleJoinTest transactional variant currently fails. But it is destined
to fail as is! Let me explain. We have four nodes {A,B,C,D} and another
node E joins. Just before E joins a tx T is started on one of the
existing nodes with a write to key K. There is essentially a latch in
the prepare of T that is opened only after E succefully joins upon join
rehash. As part of join rehash E needs to invalidate invalid L1 keys and
during that process it tries to lock ..you guessed it key K. Since T
holds a lock on K already eventually E join rehash task times out and as
a result we get a failed test.

I did not write this test and I would not like to change the original
writer's test case intent. What are our options?

Cheers,
Vladimir