[infinispan-dev] do infinispan configurations need to be synced in cluster ?

Michal Linhard mlinhard at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 11:06:20 EST 2010

Hi all,

Do infinispan configurations have to be synced in cluster members ?

If yes they have to be identical then <goto end>.
If not completely, then what is allowed to be different?

I mean e.g. it probably makes sense to have different LOCAL mode named
caches in every node,
at least I can predict how such configuration would behave.

But it doesn't make sense to have a clustered cache with different
settings on each side.
e.g. on host1 the config would be
<namedCache name="AAA">
<clustering mode="distribution">
</namedCache>

and on host2 it would be:
<namedCache name="AAA">
<clustering mode="replication">
</namedCache>

I am about to play with different configurations during testing and of
course want to try all the weird combinations,
but I'd like to eliminate some of them in advance.

It would be nice to have this documented.
(If it is please point me to the document)

I imagine something like: when in cluster, infinispan configurations
must be kept in sync with these minor exceptions: 1. .... 2. ...

Michal.

--
Michal Linhard
Quality Assurance Engineer

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
Purkynova 99 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
phone: +420 532 294 320 ext. 62320
mobile: +420 728 626 363