[infinispan-dev] Move to JGroups 2.11.0GA

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 13:58:48 EST 2010

Hi,

With a move to JGroups 2.11.0.GA I get a about dozen test failures
locally in Infinispan test suite. I made no changes to tcp.xml
configuration file. Upon closer inspection I noticed that message are
sometimes getting dropped at discovery phase since logical names did not
get mapped to physical addresses. In order to alleviate such cases
JGroups has return_entire_cache boolean flag in all discovery protocols.
If return_entire_cache is true the entire cache of these mappings is
returned to a joining node upon join request.

However, JGroups 2.11 also has ergonomics protocol attribute (true by
default) and if we are dealing with small clusters (<10 nodes)
return_entire_cache is set to false during runtime despite
return_entire_cache being preset to true by default in TCPPING (see
Discovery#down).

After I set ergonomics="false" for TCPPING a local run of Infinispan
test suite passed with zero failures or skipped tests!

What should we do?

Regards,
Vladimir