[infinispan-dev] Generating Javadoc from Scala sources

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Nov 30 04:14:56 EST 2010

Hi Filip,

On Nov 27, 2010, at 2:24 PM, Filip Rogaczewski wrote:

> Hi all,
> Let me introduce myself. My name is Filip Rogaczewski, I am majoring
> from Computer Science in Gdansk University of Technology. Aim of my
> master thesis is to provide tool which generates Javadoc from Scala
> sources. As the idea of master thesis comes from Manik, I would like to
> test my application against Infinispan sources.
> First version, that generates documentation without covering problematic
> cases is scheduled for the end of December. For next version, I am
> collecting information about problems with invoking Scala classes from
> Java. I would appreciate any infromation or suggestions you provide me.

The main issue I've encountered with calling Scala from Java is when it comes to passing Java Collections around. Java collections and Scala collections are not the same, and so I find it hard to find a bridge between them. Luckily, I've only had to find a bridge in one situation and I could get away with using java.util.Properties which is obviously same for both Scala and Java.

If you need a hand, you can find me in the #infinispan IRC channel on freenode.

Cheers,

> Best,
> Filip
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-755