[infinispan-dev] Infinipedia: a stress test for InfinispanDirectory and CassandraCacheStore

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 13:22:25 EDT 2010

2010/10/1 Vladimir Blagojevic <vblagoje at redhat.com>:

> On 2010-10-01, at 11:00 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>>
>> Hem, never heard of PIGGYBACK? where is that defined?
>>

> http://docs.jboss.org/infinispan/4.1/apidocs/config.html#ce_default_eviction
> PIGGYBACK will most likely be the only and hence the default eviction policy starting with 4.2, it effectively is in 4.1 as well.

from the code in org.infinispan.container.DefaultDataContainer (branch
4.2) it seems to me it's just an alias for the DEFAULT (one and only)
policy ?

switch (policy) {
         case PIGGYBACK:
         case DEFAULT:
            evictionListener = new DefaultEvictionListener();
            break;
         default:
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("No such eviction
thread policy " + strategy);
      }

Sanne