[infinispan-dev] Merged and MergeEvent in 4.2

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed Oct 6 14:00:19 EDT 2010

Hey,

I wanted to re-enable and implement some additional partition merge tests when I noticed, what seems, some unfinished work in merge event notification. I see that Manik added Merged annotation and MergeEvent in 4.2 which are similar to ViewChanged annotation and ViewChangedEvent except that they are exclusively used for merge view notifications. Anyway, JGroups MergeView is detected in JGroupsTransport, listeners are invoked except that Merge notification is not allowed to propagate in CacheManagerNotifierImpl! In addition to this DistributionManagerImpl does not register listener for Merge event notification!

Does anyone know what is going on here? Why is this mechanism left unfinished?

Regards,
Vladimir

--
Vladimir Blagojevic